1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Digital Photography

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by dagza, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hello,
    A nice easy one for you.
    I am looking for recommendations for a GCSE photography course that is purely digital.
    Thanks a lot
    Darren

2. Hello,
    A nice easy one for you.
    I am looking for recommendations for a GCSE photography course that is purely digital.
    Thanks a lot
    Darren

3. Hi
    AQA, Welsh Exam Board both do purely digital. there are others but I can't remember off hand

4. Excellent. Thanks for that. I'm an IT teacher so a bit new to this creative stuff!
    Does anybody know anything about photography and prohibitive combinations with other Art qualifications?

5. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

http://www.lighthouse.tv/pdfs/ART018.pdf should have all the answers for you.

6. Your students can do more than one art and design endorsement. They cannot submit the same work for different endorsement.
    There is now an issue regarding seperate awards for different endorsements as I think now they may all have the same code, so in whole school statistics a sudents doning 2 endorsements may only be listed as one art and design GCSE in school performance tables. I'm not sure how all that works though. You would need to check with an exams officer

7. Hi did you have any luck with this? I would be interested too in running something digital photography.

8. Try AQA. Very straight forward. And BTW I am an ICT teacher who also teaches A'Level Photography.