1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Business Studies in Year 9?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by jillyjsm, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Senior Management have asked each department in our school to consider offering GCSE at Y9.
    I understand that many schools already offer GCSEs for Y8 and Y9 pupils, but I'm not sure how to best deliver the curriculum and what to move on to at KS, any ideas? We currently offer Business Studies and Business and Communication System and ICT at GCSE level, covering the basics of ICT and Business at KS3.
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. Senior Management have asked each department in our school to consider offering GCSE at Y9.
    I understand that many schools already offer GCSEs for Y8 and Y9 pupils, but I'm not sure how to best deliver the curriculum and what to move on to at KS, any ideas? We currently offer Business Studies and Business and Communication System and ICT at GCSE level, covering the basics of ICT and Business at KS3.
    Thanks in advance for your help

3. RKM

RKM

Hey
    We teach Business in at Year 9. However it's been a bad move beacause SLT decided to do mixed yr 9 and y10 groups. IT DOESN'T WORK.
    Yr 9 are at that immature stage where they r trying to play up to yr 10.
    Separate groups r better. We offer the OCR Applied Business.

4. Thanks very much for that RKM really useful info.