1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Business (1-9) specs

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Snorkers, Nov 2, 2016.

1. toadman

toadman Occasional commenter

Our school says Edexcel is the best

2. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

3. robot1

robot1 New commenter

Doing Edexcel. Got the Pearson textbook (ISBN 9781292179841). Luckily only bought half a class set. I really don't like it at all. The layout is confusing at best. There are key terms in the chapters but they don't relate to the chapter itself which is confusing for students starting out. So 1.1 which is enterprise has keys terms such as market research, revenue forecast, cash flow and ethics. I much preferred the layout of the old books. It may be just me so please order an inspection copy before committing. I had to buy these out of last years budget (which would be lost if not spent) so I bought them blind.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. tokssotomi

tokssotomi New commenter

What does AQA and AS stand for please?

I am a new business teacher about to embark on teaching edexcel GCSE and A level business, can anyone point me in the right direction regarding where I should start from;what we should have covered by now this term?

5. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Did you not do or have the option to do AS or were you not aware that others had done AS/A2 qualifications if you did the IBac or BTEC?

AQA is an exam board like Edexcel.