1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Art results with OCR

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by kel_girl, Aug 25, 2011.

1. After our recent discussions on this forum about OCR moderations and how our marks were dropped down. Did it affect your results?
    We dropped 15% from our predicted target. Gutted!
    Due to grade boundaries, our students have gone down by half a grade and they worked their socks off.
    We are planning to respond with a letter to the exam board, demand to attend a standardisation meeting, so I can see what went wrong and also start looking at other exam boards
    Anyone else still disappointed with OCR?

2. After our recent discussions on this forum about OCR moderations and how our marks were dropped down. Did it affect your results?
    We dropped 15% from our predicted target. Gutted!
    Due to grade boundaries, our students have gone down by half a grade and they worked their socks off.
    We are planning to respond with a letter to the exam board, demand to attend a standardisation meeting, so I can see what went wrong and also start looking at other exam boards
    Anyone else still disappointed with OCR?

3. I'm still growling about our AQA GCSE art results so please don't think a change will help.
    I fell for the old grade-boundary change in the B/A and A/A* cut-offs. My mistake was to listen to "off-the-record" information from moderators at Standardisation in January and treat it as accurate. It resulted in all the A*'s being A's and lower A's becoming B's. These are all students who gained A/A* in every other subject just to rub it in. There is no re-moderation available of course so I had to explain to those concerned that it was my fault. A 'friendly' chat with the man-at-the-board just helped me take a little of the frustration on him but nothing else. I mean, who am I, after 32 years of never having my results changed by a single moderator, to moan about this? What do I know? The grade boundaries for next year so I won't get it wrong again!!!!

4. I have posted about my miserable results with AQA - the standardization people did seem to indicate that we shouldn't take much notice of last years boundaries, but they are definitely higher than last years for a c at least - I haven't seen the actual marks for my lot yet as I have been ill and not made it into school, but I think, if they kept mine the same I will have ended up with several D's which are only one or two marks off a C...aaargh! My results are also the worst in the school.