1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE AQA Health and Social Care

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by ela86, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ela86

ela86 New commenter

does anyone teach the AQA health and social care (single award) at GCSE level?
    If so, do you know any good websites for free resources/ videos etc?
    Also do you use textbooks? If so which one (s) are they good?
    Any other advice, I will be teaching this subject (AQA-GCSE) for the first time in september and any advice would be welcome!
    Thanks!

2. ela86

ela86 New commenter

does anyone teach the AQA health and social care (single award) at GCSE level?
    If so, do you know any good websites for free resources/ videos etc?
    Also do you use textbooks? If so which one (s) are they good?
    Any other advice, I will be teaching this subject (AQA-GCSE) for the first time in september and any advice would be welcome!
    Thanks!

3. blt

blt New commenter

Hi,

I teach it - very happy with it too :) We've being seeing some great results with our pupils. We use the AQA endorsed Nelson Thornes as a class text and then have the odd copy of the other GCSE books just for planning purposes - the AQA book can be brief at times

4. ela86

ela86 New commenter

Great BL!!
    Do you know of any good websites where you usually go to for resources etc?
    We are currently planning a scheme of work etc, any recommendations on how to go about the controlled assessment?
    Thanks for taking the time to answer!

5. Am sure there are lots of good sites providing HSC resources but do check out www.hscshare.co.uk And feel free to share stuff back - that's how it works. Thanks

6. ela86

ela86 New commenter

That website is brilliant it is really similar to psychexchange which I have used a lot for psychology. Thanks so much!!
    I don't have much to share at this point as I am still not teaching the subject but as soon as I do I will be sharing no doubt, thanks again!

7. Do check out sociologyexchange as well as there as some fantastic resources which may well be be related to HSC.

8. ela86

ela86 New commenter

Thanks!

9. You are welcome