1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gcse aqa boundaries

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nellypenell, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hi
    Did any teachers find their marks were moderated down in music gcse last year? To try to create more fluency and maintained marks, can someone tell me the mark boundaries (A*-G) in perf, listening paper & composing last year? Any similar guidelines for controlled assessment would be a big help.

2. Hi
    Did any teachers find their marks were moderated down in music gcse last year? To try to create more fluency and maintained marks, can someone tell me the mark boundaries (A*-G) in perf, listening paper & composing last year? Any similar guidelines for controlled assessment would be a big help.

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

Googling "GCSE Grade Boundaries AQA" returned a first hit with the following:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-UNIT-GDE-BOUND-JUNE11.PDF
    PS: I am slightly concerned that, as a HoD, this was beyond your powers...

4. Helpful and insulting all in one! I wonder if that was an 'essential' criteria for your current post?? With a very young baby and having only returned after maternity leave, I do appreciate your comments! However, what I was hoping for was a teacher with actual moderation comments compared to the actual data, but as I have already said, thanks!

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

It wasn't, likely because answering obvious questions on internet forums is not part of my current post.

6. Oh how exciting for u!

7. Our marks were reduced in unit 4 last year and basically the comments said mark it using the GRC... which was what we had done, and we had moderated 3 ways in the department and we had an external person moderate from another school.
    I then went on this years standardisation where i marked below the board on every composition so am even more puzzled!
    Good luck with your marking!