1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCE ICT Unit 2 Digital Economy

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by socialbutterfly, Feb 18, 2007.

1. I am teaching this for first time and wonder if anyone has any web links for teaching resource for this unit or a scheme of work other than than i have from the edexcel website

many thanks

2. I am teaching this for first time and wonder if anyone has any web links for teaching resource for this unit or a scheme of work other than than i have from the edexcel website

many thanks

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Hi,
    The SoW provided by EdExcel for this unit has been quite useful, do you have access to their text book too?

We used this and the stduents scored reasonably well. Have a look at the exemplar material.

For us the hard part was teaching sufficient database work to do parts d and e without doing too much and overloading them with database stuff.

HTH

4. If you let me have your email address ill send some stuff we used last year.

ta.

5. Hi Lisa_teaching - before you get inundated with requests could you send me same stuff as you intend sending to socialbutterfly?

Have you anything on back office processes?

my email address is dmclarnon@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks.

6. I am now teaching this for the second time and have adapted resources from the Chris guy and Sean o'bryne book for a PowerPoint with guidance on the Assessment Objective a - first 3 that I have marked have scored high by using the powerpoint mark grid and some headings and examples given to them from websites that they weren't interested in. Will be producing a better powerpoint for the backoffice processes and information flow diagrams for assessment objective b as start that with them on Friday. If what I am doing can be of any help then e-mail me on chdewitt@tesco.net and I will get back to you with copies of what I have done

Cerys

7. I have put some resources up here: http://www.appliedgceict.co.uk/Unit2.html

I have had to limit what I make available as my students have a tendency to copy and paste word for word rather than researching/putting things into their own words. This is very much the case for strand (b).

Hopefully there is some stuff there you can use.

8. I'm starting the course next September with my present Year 11's who are making good progress on the DiDA course. Unfortunately Edexcel seem to be offering even less support than with DiDA through their web site. Many thanks for the above links. There don't seem to be any sample e-portfolios on the Edexcel site. Can anyone tell me where I can see these? I've used OSCA as a route to these before.

9. Hi Lisa_teaching could you send me same stuff as you intend sending to socialbutterfly?

my email address is nolant@moretonhall.com

Many thanks.

10. SimonNorth

SimonNorth New commenter

Hello Everybody,
    I am Simon and will be teaching unit 2 Digital Economy GCE Applied ICT for the first time this September 2011 and would appreciate any resouces. My email address is:
    simon_northfield@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you

11. I am also teaching this subject and would also appreciate resources to help me teach the A-Level Students.

My email address is

hwright3d@gmail.com

Many thanks in advanced!
    Hannah