1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCE Applied ICT unit 2

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by HappyHippy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Generally speaking, yes, although things have tightened up somewhat. We were heavily marked down in May for the first time ever over things like not providing screenshots in context when testing the database (we took screenshots of the error messages, but not showing the data being entered in the same screenshot), insufficient evidence of sorting on two fields in the same query and other such hoop-jumping (I mean, seriously, I could get my 7 year old to sort on two fields but it wouldn't prove a damned thing).

In fairness, some of the criticisms I couldn't argue with so the general rule is to mark harshly...

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

@HH - I'd be interest to know why the Mod thought that the students ought to have evidence of sorting on two fields. I cannot find any reference to that in the spec or mark scheme and our students definitely don't do it as the purpose is to analyse the data.

3. It's in the paragraph form of the mark scheme (and always has been AFAIK). I don't have it in front of me but it's definitely in there for MB2.

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Indeed it is:
    Very different from the marking grid which says:
    Also not something that has been either mentioned in the briefings, or exemplified is the specimen materials.