1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gaviscon question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by carol75, May 24, 2011.

1. I've been told by my midwife that it is ok to take gaviscon for heartburn/acid reflux. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount I can take?

2. Hope not as it got me through my pregnancy. As long as it's the gaviscon advance it's OK as the regular one has too much sodium in it. Tried to get it on prescription but they would only give a cheap alternative which was useless

3. ooh, my mate got the real deal in massive bottles! Wonder if it depends on where you live?

4. Cheers guys. I was just a bit worried because I've been taking it a fair few times a day (and is seems to be more each day).
    I didn't know about the sodium. Midwife never mentioned that!

5. Have as much as you want. I was even allowed some the night before my C-Section. I wish I knew that I could get it on presecription though!

6. God bless gavison thats all i can say! i drank it by the bottle (and got it on prescription). Baby had loads of hair so maybe the old wives tales are true. Hope so cos i'm guzzling it already and i'm only 19 weeks!