1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gardening advice needed - any experts out there?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by highschooler, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Thanks for the replies. It looks a bit like both of these but it seems more dense/intense and gooey. I'll try to get a phot and upload it.

2. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Sound advice, have you noticed that you are shrinking or growing?

3. It does sound as if something has laid something - I think I would water it with a solution of Jeyes fluid or sprinkle liberally with Jeyes Dustbin powder (the sort of thing Timothy Whites used to sell). I have an ancient tin which I use when nasty animals foul on my path. Must be at least 30 years old. Probably AJAX or VIM powder would do instead if you can't get any. Leave it for a week and see what happens. Hopefully it will shrivel up and you can rake the top layer off.

4. It's been a good autumn for fungus. They can be slimey.

5. Slime moulds ?

6. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

I think we may have similar in our Nursery garden. We found patches last Friday and at first thought an animal may have been sick. We then looked and found more patches. Ours tend to be in lines or curves about 4 cm wide and may be 25 cm long. Does it sound the same as yours? We thought it may be a fungus. It will be interesting to see if they have grown or changed at all tomorrow. I don't know how you can get rid of them without killing the grass.