1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Gaining PYP and/or IPC experience

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Richpq, Jan 9, 2011.

  1. I used to teach at a wonderful British school in Belgium and, having returned to the UK and taught in London for 3 years, I'm now looking to get back on the international circuit and, hopefully, not leave it for a long time!

    In my heart of hearts I know I'd really love to live in another French-speaking environment, which somewhat limits the countries I am able to apply for. In order to boost my chances, I would love to gain some insight into, and perhaps initial training in, the PYP and IPC.

    Does anyone know if it is possible to go on courses in the IPC and PYP even though you do not currently teach in a school that uses them?

    I know that keenness, enthusiasm, previous international experience, musical ability, fluent French and great references should stand me in good stead, but I just want to maximise my chances so I can get my foot back in the door overseas.

    Many thanks!
  2. I believe that Fieldwork Education run courses in the IPC and that it is not necessary for you to teach at an IPC school in order to attend. I know of people who have gone on them and they speak fairly well of what they have learned.

Share This Page