1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gain time and all that jazz

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by tafkam, May 15, 2011.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'm not sure that there's a question here.
    About what do you want advice, or did you just need to get it off your chest?

2. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

You can be directed to undertake professional duties, including supporting other staff, in Gained Time.
    Your issue seems to be that you are being directed to do other things in your PPA time, but still get the Gained Time as a free lesson/s.
    Ask if specified Gained Time periods are now designated as your PPA so that you can't then be directed in that time.
    If you have given up a KS leader role you cannot object if they re-allocate you to teaching duties in the period you used to have for the extra duties. You have traded the workload of the leader role for theextra contact time and the associated planning and assessment.
    You have also benefitted from an extra free all year which probably wasn't directed as teaching or other duties because of your health issues and sick leave.
    I can't see any mileage in opposing the direction to undertake other duties in your scheduled PPA time IF you get the Gained time period recorded as your new PPA slot.

3. Hmm - reading it back, I agree with what you say. guess I was just feeling down and hacked off with things in general. I really need to get out of this job!!