1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gah! Nervousnervousnervous!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3946, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I have an interview for a job I'd sell my soul for (if anyone would buy it!) on Monday and am just a bundle of nerves. Having utterly irritated everyone I know by talking non-stop about it, I've turned to trusty TES to whimper softly in the corner until my fate is sealed.

2. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

Now listen up here, girlfriend. You have reached the interview stage, which means that they like you and what you have to offer, on paper, at least. So now, what you need to do is sock it to them, wow the pants off them and sign on the dotted line.
    Remember that employers make up their minds, subconsciously, about a candidate within the first few seconds. Do you have a really classy outfit? Clean shoes? Unladdered tights? A touch of makeup, shiny teeth and hair, manicured nails (pearly nailpolish)? Practice a firm but gentle handshake, no sweaty palms, please. Stand tall, no negative body language, look them in the eye...and smile.
    Have you gone through every possible angle/question for the interview itself? Done lots of practice? Have you researched the school and know lots about it? Will you be teaching a lesson for observation? Remember how much you want this job, and focus focus focus. Cool and calm, deep breathing. Get a good sleep before, and a good breakfast on the day. Give yourself plenty of time to get there, be early, perhaps find a nearby cafe, have a strong coffee and time to reflect. Most important! Visualise success, and imagine yourself there, teaching your little heart out.
    Lot and lots of luck, and keep posting if you need to continue to whimper! It's a gorgeous sunny sunday morning here, and I have nothing else to do...
    Aunty Polly
    x