1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

G+T Activites

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by violet64, Jan 26, 2011.

1. violet64

violet64 New commenter

Dear Joe,
    I am being observed teaching my Y10 GCSE French class next week. We are onto the where I live bit of EXPO4 which includes quite a lot of adjective work and I have homed in on the advantages/disadvantages of where I live bit for my lesson.(Although could do 'ma chambre' either. I would welcome any bright (or in fact any) ideas as to top things to include and in particular how to demonstrate the fact that I cater for my G+T students. It is a mixed group, lots of students with 'C' targets, one 'A' grade, 3 'B' students and a students who is predicted an 'E'.

Thanks

2. violet64

violet64 New commenter

Dear Joe,
    I am being observed teaching my Y10 GCSE French class next week. We are onto the where I live bit of EXPO4 which includes quite a lot of adjective work and I have homed in on the advantages/disadvantages of where I live bit for my lesson.(Although could do 'ma chambre' either. I would welcome any bright (or in fact any) ideas as to top things to include and in particular how to demonstrate the fact that I cater for my G+T students. It is a mixed group, lots of students with 'C' targets, one 'A' grade, 3 'B' students and a students who is predicted an 'E'.

Thanks

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Do you have access to the Foundation and Higher coursebooks and interactive version of the textbook? You could juggle both the higher and foundation activities in one lesson assigning particular levels to the different students. The foundation resources are available via the interactive version even if you don't have copies of the textbook.
    How about a differentiated homework task? See the relevant unit of my website for some ideas:
    http://www.suttonhighmfl.110mb.com/gcsefrenew.htm#habite

4. dalej

dalej New commenter

5. violet64

violet64 New commenter

Thank you. We do. Excellent idea.