1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

G and T descriptors...

Discussion in 'Music' started by LennoxBerkeley, Feb 2, 2012.

1. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

I'm a little but behind the times and I have no idea what you're talking about. However, two thirds gin usually hits the spot.
    Lennox

2. pauljoecoe

pauljoecoe New commenter

Isn't it something like 10% of students should be classed as G & T. Stupid IMO. Clearly not my idea of G & T.
    I think you will know when you have a G & T student. You shouldn't need criteria. e.g Grade 5 oboeist in Year 7 should do the job.

3. linber

linber New commenter

I have a document from the NC website (I think) that I've had ages, which gives a profile of a talented music pupil and will help you to identify these pupils. I can send you a copy if you send me a message with your address - I don't have a scanner!
    'Talented' musicians are not necessarily those who are proficient on instruments. I teach pupils who have high instrumental grades but who are not classed as 'talented' - they do not take risks nor are they particularly creative in a classroom!

4. "Never make your tonic dominant"
    Winston Churchill (I think)