1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

future of MOD

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Mr.Chips, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Was never good at Maths but isnt 2020 - 8 years away. Whats your problem with that? [​IMG]

2. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

They won't be able to tell you because they don't know! However, that does vary by school. I work in an SCE school and our withdrawal date changes every week and on who you speak to - 2 years, 15 years, 6 months. The contracts have changed to fixed-term I believe? They are trying to rein in the benefits somewhat but I believe the package is still very competitive.

3. Because it says total withdrawl by 2020. l wouldn't think they are going to close all the schools at once, I would think it is to be gradual from different areas. So I was asking if there was any area targeted for the first wave. It's not just maths it's common sense. Also its headship and I certainly don't want to be the new head of a school that is to close in 2 or 3 years , what a morale booster...welcome to your new school and here is the timetable for closure!!! It would also mean re-locating my family. This is a life style change for us and needs to be a long term positive experience. I certainly don't want to be coming back to the UK in a few years.

4. The ad says permenant contract. It would be a dream come true and as for money !!! same size school as I am head of now but when I worked it out it was nearly half again what I am on now and part of that is tax free I believe. It is everything I want, abroad and with the MOD, I believe in our forces and am dedicated to my job. I simply don't want to be in a closure situation as soon as I get there or in the near future....8-10 I could live with especially if the promise of a re-location upon closure is actually possible.