1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Future applications and personal statements.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by jilly188, Apr 8, 2012.

1. I am an unqualified teacher but I have emailed a school for more information and they have replied saying they would like to keep my CV on file ready for when I relocate to their area. I still want to tailor my personal statement towards the position I am hoping will become available. Does anyone think that doing this now seems a bit desperate? Would it be wiser just to send my CV with a general personal statement for now, and talk about specifics when I make contact again nearer the time? Any advice would be most appreciated.

2. I am an unqualified teacher but I have emailed a school for more information and they have replied saying they would like to keep my CV on file ready for when I relocate to their area. I still want to tailor my personal statement towards the position I am hoping will become available. Does anyone think that doing this now seems a bit desperate? Would it be wiser just to send my CV with a general personal statement for now, and talk about specifics when I make contact again nearer the time? Any advice would be most appreciated.

3. Don't wish to disappoint but that's often a polite way of saying don't call us we'll call you.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I wouldn't be quite as negative as to say that; the fact that they are asking you to go to the trouble to send more details is slightly more hopeful.
    The fact that you are unqualified and therefore get paid at a much lower salary is in your favour, of course, although in theory, in theory, a school may only employ you if there is no qualified teacher available.
    As to your question, I would give them all the information about you now, so that they can see all the positives when, or if, they decide to consider you for a post.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.