1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fury as headteacher 'tells kids to write a "reflection" statement if they want toilet'

Discussion in 'Personal' started by theworm123, May 18, 2019.

1. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I was perversely proud of my ability to hold it in during my finals! Three hour exams and so much stuff to write. I was so proud that I could cope for three hours. When they called time on the papers, the girls rushed out of the hall like greyhounds...

nomad and racroesus like this.
  2. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

It worked for Barbara Cartland.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  3. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

So that's why I never made SLT - I don't have any hair!

theworm123 and Mrsmumbles like this.
  4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Makes you realise if we survived that we can survive anything. :D

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I don't recall drinking anything at all at school other than a third of a pint of tooth-numbingly cold milk in the winter or warm cheesy milk in the summer (more often than not from a bottle with a shredded silver top because the sparrows had been at it).

Hence no need to ask to visit the toilets during lessons.

lanokia and FrankWolley like this.
  6. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

At my school we could go to the toilet when we wanted. I don't remember it being a problem, but then nothing was really a problem ay my happy and insane primary school. We populated most of the top sets at secondary school though. We weren't taught very much bit it didn't seem to matter. I'm pretty sure there's a lesson in the somewhere for the way schools are now.

I remember one home educated friend who went to school at about age ten and said that the weirdest thing about going to school was having to go to the toilet when you didn't need to, at break, or having to ask to go when you did need to.

towncryer likes this.
  7. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I rarely visited the primary school toilets, they were filthy and a spot for bullying.

nomad likes this.