1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Furlough

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by ajc89, Apr 6, 2020.

1. ajc89

ajc89 New commenter

One of my agencies has offered to furlough me from March 23rd when schools were closed but another of my agencies want to furlough me from beginning of April?
    Can they choose when to furlough you? With the 2nd agency, I was supposed to be working until the end of term 4, but obviously got cut short by a week and a half. I thought I would have been furloughed from when schools shut, not the beginning of the Easter holidays?

2. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

Please may I ask, did your agency have to ask your current school to furlough you before they would?

pepper5 likes this.
  3. ajc89

ajc89 New commenter

I have no idea? I know that the dates of my contracts were changed because I had an email with a new contract that had changed dates. I was originally contracted from 6th March end of term and then when school closure came , I had an email with a change of contracts ending on 20th march