1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Furlough query

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by 23741589, May 19, 2020.

1. 23741589

23741589 New commenter

Hi all, my current placement ends on 22nd May due to maternity period finishing.

As this was an agreed finish date will I be eligible for furlough. I am currently employed through an agency and am paid by an umbrella company.

Thanks in advance

2. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

How come you aren't already on furlough?

gingerhobo48 likes this.
  3. 23741589

23741589 New commenter

The school wanted me to continue with the online teaching as the usual teacher had not yet returned from maternity. It has felt like a bit of a waste of time considering the number logging on to do the work but it paid better than furlough.

Now trying to figure out how this furlough thing works. I read some of the experiences on here and am dreading it...

gingerhobo48 likes this.
  4. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

You should be fine but you need to ask your agency to put you on furlough. See what happens then - having said that, is there not an excellent chance you will be asked to carry on from June 1st?