1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Funny things children say..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jenm2000y2k, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Hi

I read a thread a few weeks back which had me crying with laughter. Thought I'd bring a smile to the staffroom and post a bit of it in there, but cant seem to find it. Can anyone direct me to it please?

If not can we start a new thread. Funny things kids say so I can have a good giggle.

Jenni

2. Hi

I read a thread a few weeks back which had me crying with laughter. Thought I'd bring a smile to the staffroom and post a bit of it in there, but cant seem to find it. Can anyone direct me to it please?

If not can we start a new thread. Funny things kids say so I can have a good giggle.

Jenni

3. My Y8 today. One boy's glasses are broken, and he really can't see much at all without them. I was writing as big as I could in my darkest pen on the whiteboard. He said "I still can't really read it miss" - one boy pipes up "Do it in braille, miss!" (Mean of him, but I couldn't stifle the laugh!)

The next thing you had to be there for - one Y8 came out of the classroom singing "What's new pussycat" with a perfect Tom Jones hip swing. Where do they get it from?

4. Kids aren't funny.

5. we are doing taller and shorter and one of my y1's said 'i am taller than anyone' - i stodd up next to him and said 'really?' we all laughed

6. Wow, **** the bed that was funny.

7. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer New commenter

someone's in a grump?

8. During singing today we were singing a song which had 'ain't' in it. One boy (year 2) got most indignant about having to sing ain't saying that wasn't the right way to say it. I was impressed that he didn't like the sloppy use of the language until he said I want to say it properly and say 'int'

9. noone asked u to read it!

10. First day of term, just back from a sunny holiday - with a tan to be proud of for a change. One of my nursery children asked me "Where has all your skin gone?"

Bless.

11. Sorry, yes I am, keep posting.

12. I had a child ask, does the moon look the same in every country? are the stars the same too?

13. panache, that's actually a good question... the moon looked different when i saw it when i was in kenya! i swear the half moon was a bit more like an 'n' shape than a 'c' shape. if u get me?

14. impis

impis New commenter

Now that the funny season is upon us, I thought i'd up this topic as I'm sure there must be more to add by now...

Here's a tale from our school. We held a disco for the kids, yesterday, from 6.30 - 8.30 pm [in response to requests from school council].

A few staff [including me] agreed to 'supervise'.

One of the boys from my class [Y7] who has been at the school for at least 5 years already [an all age school] came up to me.

He leaned in close. [loud music]. "Mrs Imp, Where's the toilet?" He bellowed.

I assured him that they were in the usual place, and off he went.

15. not at school but at home. our 22 year old was looking after the four younger ones for the weekend while we had a break. my daughter has just told me;

It was fine until he (the eldest) woke me up. he was bellowing at him (the youngest one) and shouting, "I don't care what you do when mum and dad are here, you're NOT setting your shoes on fire."

made me smile

16. impis

impis New commenter

Made me smile, too, Rose.

17. Making nativity sock puppets - one on a child's hand with child saying

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's baby jesus!"

18. This is more a funny things they 'do'

Put on Mr Mistoffelees music from 'Cats' and asked my reception class to move like cats. I reminded them to think about eating, cleaning, stretching, playing etc.

One great little girl sits her self down and tries to lick her backside with her foot up by her ear. I must have looked at her strangley because she rushed over to assure me that her cat does do that, and her cat isn't weird, she had seen other cats do it too...

It was all I could do to thank heavens the Head didn't walk in 5 minutes early than she ended up doing!

19. Christmas party yesterday. After half an hour of E numbering themselves up, we had a dancing competition. One of my brightest kids was getting a bit overexcited and jumping about like a nutter. As he bounced past me he shouted "You see Miss, this is why I shouldn't eat sugar!"