1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Funniest thing i've seen in a long time.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Feb 7, 2016.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Yesterday I gave blazer major a lift. He needed cash and so I stopped outside a supermarket so he could use the atm. While he was waiting his turn I decided to turn the car round for a quick exit. As I pulled out of the drop off spot another car immediately took my place. I turned and parked on the opposite side of the lane. Blazer major rushes back from the atm, head down cos of the rain and jumps into the passenger seat of this other car. From where we were we could see the faces of the driver and our son! It took about 5 seconds before the situation registered with both of them. When he got back to our car I couldn't drive for laughing! I am still smiling as I type this.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

One of those actual lol posts
    Aw - bless him! Like the toddler who latches on to the passing stranger's hand. Horror!

3. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Typical dad. No sympathy.
    : )
    When my son went back to his car - at a petrol pump - after buying petrol, two teenagers jumped in the back. I suppose that could also have been a mistake but when they ran off into the bushes, I think he suspected a more sinister motive.

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Brilliant! It reminds me of the time I was just about to set off from a car park, when the passenger door opened and this old lady got in beside me. We stared at each other and I asked if she needed a lift home.
    The kids were in the back and we cried laughing.

Motherofchikkins and kibosh like this.
  5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Quite rightly: he's thinking of the unavoidable future.

anotherauntsally likes this.
  6. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Oh, that reminds me. When I was being dropped off at the crematorium for a funeral not long ago, an old woman from the previous funeral jumped in the back, asked me if it was a taxi and jumped out again when I said it was my son's car - and he was blissfully unaware of the whole thing.

kibosh likes this.
  7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We were picking up a friend on our way to a masked ball a few years ago. She didn't know my husband's car but we called and said that we were waiting across the road. She was in a long black dress and wearing a mask and proceeded to climb into the back of the wrong car next to some poor children. Dad was in the front and Mum must have been collecting their fish and chips. I will never forget how shocked all the occupants of the other car looked. That must have been the most interesting trip to the chippie they have ever had!

kibosh likes this.
  8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

That'd be a good opening scene for Taken 5, only the law of Hollwood decrees that the other driver would have to be a looney-eyed Middle Eastern type wearing a bandana, with prayer beads hanging from his rear view mirror.

kibosh likes this.
  9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blazer major is 34!

Dragonlady30 and lindenlea like this.
  10. mathsman

mathsman Occasional commenter

I went to drop off a friend at an airport in the Canaries in the 1980s. I walked in with him and then returned to the car and drove off. Couldn't find my sunglasses, I was sure I left them on the dashboard. Yep, wrong car - the wrong white Fiat panda. Was surprised that my key opened it and started it. Drove the mile back to the airport and jumped into mine parked next to it

lindenlea likes this.
  11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

A couple of weeks ago, in the supermarket car park, a lady was standing by my car, frantically stabbing the key fob. It took her and her friend quite a while to realise that it wouldn't open because it wasn't her car. The colour was more or less the same, but the make quite different and her car was much newer than mine.

12. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I remember reading a tale in the Humour in Uniform section of Readers Digest. An officer complete with his dog, went into an office building, leaving his jeep-like vehicle outside. While he was in the building, a similar vehicle parked behind the first. When the original office and dog left the building, the dog went and sat in one car while the officer went to the other. Of course, the dog was right but the officer took some convincing, after calling the dog every name for stupidity. Shame faced, he had to accept that he was wrong when his key wouldn't start the engine. :D

bombaysapphire likes this.
  13. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

My uncle went to pick up my aunt from the train station when an old lady jumped into his car and gave him her address. Since he was early he drove her home and only then, when she asked how much the fare was, did he explain he wasn't actually a taxi. :)