1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Funeral

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jubilee, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The funeral was earlier this afternoon for my son's friend who killed herself just before Christmas. The church was packed.
    The vicar said, "if love could have saved her, she'd have lived forever".
    RIP Angie

2. I hope it is of some comfort to her family and friends to know how much she was loved by so many.
    Very, very sad. I hope your son will be ok.
    C x

3. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

An aquaintance of mine killed himself in Oct, heartbreaking for his young family and wife who found him. This is the 5th young man i've known to die this way. Such a tragic way to lose anyone, and friends and family will question themselves and their support for a long time after. Hope your son can realise that he couldn't have stopped this, and come to terms with it as a tradgedy.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

How very sad. For everyone who knew and loved her, life will never be the same. The death of a young person is so poignant and suicide must leave a particularly sharp pain. I am sorry.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So sad! A packed church, would seem to indicate the deceased girl was much appreciated, but from her own perspective, she just couldn't recognise this fact.

6. I disagree Lara. Suicidal people can fully realise how much they are loved but just not be able to cope with being alive anymore. I would hate anyone to think that someone they love who is suicidal doesn't realise they're loved.

7. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Very sad for everyone.