1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Funeral on first day back :(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Golden2010, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hiya,
    I have to attend a family funeral on the first day the kids are in so I wont be in at all. The school is fine with it and my TA is taking my class but I don't know what to plan for her. If it was me teaching I could take it as it comes, but as its my TA I have been asked to elave some skeleton planning! Any suggestions of what I could leave for her to do for the day with our brand new class.

2. Hiya,
    I have to attend a family funeral on the first day the kids are in so I wont be in at all. The school is fine with it and my TA is taking my class but I don't know what to plan for her. If it was me teaching I could take it as it comes, but as its my TA I have been asked to elave some skeleton planning! Any suggestions of what I could leave for her to do for the day with our brand new class.

3. Sorry to hear that :( What year group? Could draw and label a self portrait for a quick 'welcome to class...' display; write a letter introducing yourself to your new class mates; discuss class/school rules and make a poster to remind everyone how to behave; make a wet playtime board game; play some getting to know you games;read a story and children wite a recount; the dreaded 'what did you do in the holidays? ummmmm, run out of ideas

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Write a letter to you to introduce themselves.

Tell someone about their holiday and then that person writes a postcard to you telling about the first person's holiday.

Draw a self portrait.

5. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Can you give her a spellings/mental maths test for the class? If you have a class name they could create a display about it. Class reading/story time. 'This year I would like to learn...' display.