1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Funding for Schools to Share Resources?

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by shd132, Jul 27, 2018.

1. shd132

shd132 New commenter

2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Do the government not realise that Tes do this already IF schools had the time and inclination? In my experience schools are not that open to sharing things that have been created at their expense. It is also a potential copyright nightmare. Sure, most teachers will use a copyrighted image/song/text in their lessons and get away with it. But what if they started sharing it with other schools? Have schools really got the time to make sure everything they "share" is free of copyright infringement and/or properly attributed? I think not. Also, what if they start sharing resources that they paid for? Can of worms...

Sharing plans is a different matter, but most plans are useless without the resources that go with them. And some of those plans maybe adapted from a paid-for scheme. More worms...

This will not take off. Just the government making the right noises. For me, planning and resourcing is not the biggest burden on my workload anyway (and I quite enjoy it). Marking, assessing and other paperwork etc is much more of a burden (though my school is pretty good compared to some).

MosaiK, shd132 and TheGingerTeacher like this.