1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fund Raising / Bid Writing

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Bluelamb, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Bluelamb

Bluelamb New commenter

Hi,

I would like my school to access some additional funding via charities (that I am informed are out there!)

My problem: we are a very small school with limited staffing and do not have any parents prepared to volunteer their time to write bids for us.

My question: are there any companies / freelancers out there who write bids on behalf of schools ? (I'm not even sure if this is ethically possible?)

I look forward to your thoughts !

2. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

There are, sorry not at school ATM so will need to send link later, but they do ask for a hefty fee, 25% I think, which cannot in theory come out of the grant.

Of course if they secure a substantial amount it may be worth it.

We are a small school too. We have governors and the PTA making applications for us but most of the legwork has been done by the administrator/clerk. We are applying for a big capital project so, once we composed the first letter together, she finds it quite easy to tweak for different recipients. More work for those who want their own form completed.

3. Bluelamb

Bluelamb New commenter

Thanks for your reply - could you let me know how to find the companies / people who will write bids for you? I think this may be the quickest way forward for us.

4. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I'll pm you but I'm afraid it won't be till after Christmas.