1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Functions in primary school mathematics

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by DM, May 17, 2011.

1. DM

DM New commenter

Well what have you found out so far?

2. I'm guessing you're a trainee (as am I, so I'm not looking down at you from some qualified ivory tower), or doing a Masters or some such ... imagine you set a piece of homework and found out that your pupils were simply posting it on the internet and asking for ideas.
    As DM points out, show what you've got so far and a few people may chip in with other ideas. Surely, at the very least, you've read through the National Curriculum and highlighted where, and when, functions are addressed?
    As it happens I've got two essays I'm working on myself at the moment, one of which I'd love a few pointers on, but I wouldn't dream of asking for help until I had something to show and ask for comments on.

Also ... the "question" isn't actually a question! (sorry, I'm a bit of a pedant!)

3. DM - the above was by no means a dig at you, nor indeed anyone else here. Sudden panic that it may have come across in that way.