1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Functional Skills - various models of delivery

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Babs1111111111, Jun 15, 2011.

1. I would be grateful for any input which may add to the data I already have as, as in any research, the more data the better. Just a short note on the pattern chosen where you teach and, if possible, why that particlar decision was reached.
    Some schools/colleges deliver each of the skills throughout the year for, say, one hour a week or so, others, I have discovered, concentrate on say 4 hours or so a week and delivery and exam is all in just one term, and then they move on to another of the Functional Skills or, perhaps, all three Functional Skills are covered all in one session and examined within the same exam window.
    If you have tried various patterns of delivery, which one do you feel has been the most benefiical? Did one particular model seem to yield better results than another? Was one better received (by the students/staff) than another? Any other factors which you feel are worthy of consideration when making comparisons.
    Any other comments/observations.
    Whilst, obviously, I have the examples and data from the college where I work and a number of others, this means my data is somewhat limited and, therefore, the more I have the better.
    Many thanks