1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Functional Skills maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by annafreund, May 5, 2016.

1. annafreund

annafreund New commenter

Hi - has anyone else had the results through for their Functional Skills Level 1 and level 2 maths with NCFE yet? I have over 60 students, from different areas, who have all failed their exam. We only get a pass or fail as 'feedback' information and I am mystified as to this result. Last year the maths pass rate for this area was 76%....any ideas please?

2. doscat

doscat New commenter

We have had a similar experience with City and Guilds and other colleges are reporting the same thing. I wonder what the national picture looks like. There has been some chatter on the LSN Quality Forums about it.

3. annafreund

annafreund New commenter

Thanks Doscat, my students have now retaken the exam with some having the same paper so I am waiting for the results.....I even looked at the Entry 3 paper and the questions are very convoluted at that level as well. We only have 3 delivery weeks left after half term so I need to get my magic wand out I feel,