1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Functional Skills English Level 2 Speaking and Listening Question

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by thequillguy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Hello all,

Simple one this: how many tasks are in the speaking and listening component for level 2 functional skills? And does anyone have all the necessary paperwork digitally and/or access via a link? I will send you an e-card in return!

Thanks in advance for your time and festive good-will.

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Hello all,

Simple one this: how many tasks are in the speaking and listening component for level 2 functional skills? And does anyone have all the necessary paperwork digitally and/or access via a link? I will send you an e-card in return!

Thanks in advance for your time and festive good-will.

3. There are 2 components -

1 is a presentation (solo) that should last between 5 - 10 minutes on a familiar (to the student) topic. Examples I have used have been 'favourite holiday', 'a hobby of mine', 'favourite team/film etc'

1 is a group discussion (3 - 5 people) that should be on an unfamiliar (to the student) topic. Topics such as 'is it acceptable for sports people to earn as much money as they do?' or 'do you support capital punishment?' are good as the students have to research information to help them make interesting points.