1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Functional maths?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by murkle, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

Like it! Great article - very interesting. I particularly like the idea of making mice use cellphones ...
    Your link wouldn't click because it had some extra characters at the end. I think this one will work, though. For others wanting to read it, do be aware that some New York Times articles self-destruct after a week, so don't hang around!
    Final thought: I am fairly sure this sort of thing now features in the science curriculum (the one that your colleagues in the science department moan about "because it doesn't include any real science"). You could pick their brains about it (assuming they haven't been fried by all that cell-phone radiation).

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

What an interesting and well written article. Thanks for posting that link.
    Poor mice!

3. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

What do you mean?
    They presumably have unlimited free calling time and no-one threatening to confiscate their phones from them. Sounds like every 15-year-old's dream!

4. don't they find texting a bit difficult?

5. ooh - appalling use of pronouns by me - bottom of the english - sorry, literacy - class again [​IMG]

6. The network for mice must be 3.