1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Functional ICT Entry level resources

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by CliffStark, Oct 26, 2011.

1. I teach functional skills in the 3 FS areas in a London borough college (ie. FE sector). I have functional ICT classes at Level 2 and at Entry levels. Having now gone through a first half-term, using resources from a variety of sources (Skillsworkshop, Edexcel, teach-ICT and others), I have noticed a real lack of resources for Entry level functional ICT. By 'resources' I mean student work activities, tasks, exercises, projects, problems, questions (even 'worksheets', much as I dislike these): I've got all my SOW, lesson plans etc--these are not the problem, it's work resources for students. Levels 1 and 2 ICT seem well supported, resource-wise, but Entry level ICT seems to be a resource desert, unless I am missing something completely. (The other functional areas--literacy, numeracy--seem well supported for resources at Entry levels.) My students are working within the Edexcel qualification. Someone at work got me onto the resources supplied by Edexcel itself, which I have downloaded, but again are few in number; and the Edexcel ICT Functional skills publications (4 or 5 in number-for students, teachers etc.) have apparently been withdrawn! I also tried looking for secondary school ICT resources, mapping KS3 ~ Entry level (KS4 ~ L1,2), but from what I've seen I'm not sure the curriculum matches enough. Can anyone suggest some sources of Entry level functional ICT student work material?