1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

fun with languages website

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by CTurner07, Oct 7, 2019.

1. CTurner07

CTurner07 New commenter

Does anyone know what has happened to the Fun With Languages.vacau website? I know it has disappeared before and then returned, but I love to use it and am missing it!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

3. beckybrewer1

beckybrewer1 New commenter

I am wondering the same thing. It appears to have been deleted which is a huge shame as it was such a great site. I used to recommend it and use it regularly. I particularly liked the AS and A level activities as they were challenging but fun. I hope it will reappear at some point.

4. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Hi all!
    I'm sorry to say that the hosting website (000webhost) has deleted my website! They did not contact me to give any explanation.
    However, the website would not now work as well as it has done in the past as many of the resources I had created for the website were Flash files (SWF) and these are no longer supported by browsers. If you downloaded any of my games, they can still be opened if you install a swf file player. WikiHow explains how to do this at https://www.wikihow.com/Open-SWF-Files
    I have tested the player and it does work, it is also freeware. It is however rather annoying to have to request to play each game rather than just click on it as in the past.
    If there were particular resources that were of most use to you, please send me a message.
    Perhaps someone could recommend a reliable free hosting service! I have worked my way through many different ones over the past few decades!