1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun ways to revise Boston matrix

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by cb700, Jan 12, 2012.

1. cb700

cb700 New commenter

I have finished teaching the marketing unit for gcse business. Before they sit a end of unit assessment I want to do some revision - they have said that they find this difficult. Any ideas how I can revise this in a fun way?

2. cb700

cb700 New commenter

I have finished teaching the marketing unit for gcse business. Before they sit a end of unit assessment I want to do some revision - they have said that they find this difficult. Any ideas how I can revise this in a fun way?

3. Whole class synoptic game.
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Have posters on wall with the categories.</font> <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Also have obvious products listed on separate and individual pieces of paper.</font> <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Data sheet for this array of products and their &lsquo;value&rsquo; in Boston Matrix terms, loosely put.</font> <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">E.g. &ndash; &lsquo; big money earner this&rsquo; or &lsquo;not much coming out of this old thing&rsquo;</font> <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Clear class room floor and pupils have to &lsquo;trade&rsquo; their allotted (jumbled up) products.</font> <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Four teams as per Boston categories.</font> <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Pupils have to explain to their trade partners why and how their product matches the trading partners category &ndash; then they can trade only after they are clear on each other&rsquo;s product and how it fits into that part of the Boston Matrix.</font> Not very well explained perhaps, but I hope you catch the drift.
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Prize/s for team/s with highest number of correct matches at the end.</font> Sit back and watch / assess the organised chaos!!