1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun things to do after an exam?

Discussion in 'Science' started by susiejay, Dec 8, 2011.

1. susiejay

susiejay Administrator

Hello all!

My y7 have a test on Monday, want to do something fun with them for the last half hour of the lesson (lessons are 100mins). Thinking of finishing with an elephant toothpaste... Any good ideas floating about out there?

Ta muchly
    SJ

2. susiejay

susiejay Administrator

Hello all!

My y7 have a test on Monday, want to do something fun with them for the last half hour of the lesson (lessons are 100mins). Thinking of finishing with an elephant toothpaste... Any good ideas floating about out there?

Ta muchly
    SJ

3. borax snowflakes - they makes shapes out of pipe cleaners, narrow enough to fit in a 250ml beaker. They then make a saturated solution of borax - about 20g/200ml (in warm water) then tie their snowflakes/stars/shapes to a pencil with cotton and leave over night - they can return the next day to collect their crystal shape. They love it.

4. I'm fairly sure this is no longer allowed as the rules on borax have changed (check CLEAPSS). No more than 8% solution is allowed and pupils cannot handle the solid at all. You cannot buy borax in supermarket any more

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

A line of coke followed by a bottle of vodka? Oh sorry I just noticed you said yr 7 so just the vodka then?[​IMG]