1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun spelling booklet...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by diamond_raindrops, Jun 16, 2011.

1. diamond_raindrops

diamond_raindrops New commenter

2. I was unable to see any of the materials. Are they for sale only? Or am I doing something wrong.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

They are bitmap images - you may not have the correct software to download them.
    I have looked at the bitmap images but I can't look at the booklet because that is in Publisher and I don't have that program on my home computer.
    From what I can see these are more suited to KS3 than primary. The certificate and target sheets all say Year 7 challenge and are not editable documents. They have been scanned. The wordsearch is very dense (64 words) and the test is merely a list of 100 words in alphabetical order with no indication of level of difficulty.

4. marlin

The wordsearch is actually 64 words contained within a 30 x 30 square.

5. diamond_raindrops

The extra resources: I thought they may be useful for creating your own certificates or even as an extended homework.
    The spelling list was created via research at my school, the most mis-spelt words in certain lessons and they arent in level of difficulty because it would be too subjective a list.
    And the publisher document can be edited and would be suitable for year 6.
    Just thought I was sharing an interesting resource. [​IMG]

6. marlin

Sorry, was just trying to describe what was on the documents that mashabell couldn't see, but realise now it sounded a bit harsh.
    I did say I don't have publisher so wasn't able to describe that resource. It sounds useful - particulary if it can be edited.
    Thank you for taking the time to upload the resources and sorry again if I sounded ungrateful.

7. diamond_raindrops

It's ok Marlin. I just felt a little disheartened as I tend to only add resources of quality. I dont mind feedback (have updated my description) but it can put you off adding resources if people sound a bit negative. [​IMG]

8. I would be very interested in seeing those, but can't access them via the link u gave.
    Could u possibly just paste those words into a post here?

9. Masha, not everyone is so addicted to pasting stuff as you are.

..and please...we are teachers....let us agree that on this site we will spell basic words correctly and not use text-speak. Please, Masha, the word you is written with three letters: YOU not the single letter U. Thank you.

10. Diamond, Could u please paste
    into a post here or email them to me, as I can't open them. mashabell@aol.com

11. Masha, please could you spell the word YOU correctly?
    Thank you so much.