1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

fun seaside project for year 2! please help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by flickityflick, May 20, 2007.

1. hiya, were doing sats tests next week. to make the week fun i want to do a project linked to our geography seaside project. i thought of a few things: making funky sunglasses, windmills for beach, sun hats.
    does anyone know any good links that have instructions or nets for any of these.
    what i would really like to do is a large 3d map of the seaside with things like a hotel, lighthouse, boats, cafes, arcades, fairground rides, etc, but im really struggling with how to go about it!
    i have cardboard boxes and loadsa bits like that.
    please help!!

2. hiya, were doing sats tests next week. to make the week fun i want to do a project linked to our geography seaside project. i thought of a few things: making funky sunglasses, windmills for beach, sun hats.
    does anyone know any good links that have instructions or nets for any of these.
    what i would really like to do is a large 3d map of the seaside with things like a hotel, lighthouse, boats, cafes, arcades, fairground rides, etc, but im really struggling with how to go about it!
    i have cardboard boxes and loadsa bits like that.
    please help!!

3. I teach a topic based curriculum and my topic for next term is the seaside. If you post your email address I'll send you my term overview, there might be something on there that you can adapt (I'm in Year 1)

4. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

Just a thought, we painted big seaside friezes onto lining paper last year. The chidlren loved it. We worked outside. Could they collage and stick boxes onto something like that, sand at the bottom, few pebbles / shells etc.

5. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

babyjeebus- please could I have a copy of your seaside planning because this is my next topic! Thank you very much
    heleneurope99@hotmail.com

6. hi i'm Y1 and doing the seaside too. please could i have a copy of your overview too?
    Thanks in advance

Suze
    teachmenow@hotmail.co.uk

7. Smythie

Smythie New commenter

Making beach huts in DT either v strong cardboard or lollipop sticks is a good project to fit in with seasides

8. thanks babyjeebus! mail is flickityflick@hotmail.com
    a big frieze sounds great ill look into that! ill let you know what creations we come up with this week!

9. My Y1/2 class has seasides as topic next half term - we're off to Cleethorpes.! Our role play area will be a sea side shop and I've found the ********** website brilliant for resources for themed areas, topic words & writing mats. Might be worth a look!

10. How about making Story Boxes-A4 Printer Paper Boxes opened out make a perfect little stage to decorate as beach, fairground, pier front etc. We then made plastecine or peg doll figures to populate the boxes and make stories to tell.
    Packed lunches in Buckets.

11. Can I jump on the band wagon and have a copy of your planning too, doing seaside topic after half term.
    jwhite1985@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

12. Sorry to ask but I am doing seaside theme next term and would really appreciate a copy of your plans. Thank you xx

miss_mcauley@yahoo.co.uk

13. Hello,
    Is there any chance I could please have a copy of your seaside plans? You'll be really helping a stressed out PGCE student! Thankyou! erikacorcoran@tiscali.co.uk

14. Hi Babyjebus!

I would really like a copy of your planning as I too am doing the seaside next half term. We are getting a company to come in for a half day to do the history of the seaside, punch n judy n all that, it sounds great!!

Thanks

liz_caffry@hotmail.co.uk