1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun (or not) 'awards' for yr11 prom.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by goonernumber1, Jun 25, 2007.

1. goonernumber1

goonernumber1 New commenter

Good evening,

I'm sure there are quite a few proms flying about and we have decided to give out some fun and some serious awards to hand out after dinner.

Some of these include;

Most likely to marry a footballer
    Most likely to be prime minister
    Most likely to get sacked form their first job in the first week because they've been late 5 times!
    The 'I can't believe you made it 5 years without getting kicked out' award
    The 'outstanding pupil' award

As well as prom king / queen and teacher king / queen etc but thought I'd see if any of you guys could come up with a few funnier one's?

Cheers.

2. goonernumber1

goonernumber1 New commenter

Good evening,

I'm sure there are quite a few proms flying about and we have decided to give out some fun and some serious awards to hand out after dinner.

Some of these include;

Most likely to marry a footballer
    Most likely to be prime minister
    Most likely to get sacked form their first job in the first week because they've been late 5 times!
    The 'I can't believe you made it 5 years without getting kicked out' award
    The 'outstanding pupil' award

As well as prom king / queen and teacher king / queen etc but thought I'd see if any of you guys could come up with a few funnier one's?

Cheers.

3. unless everyone gets one, I wouldn't bother.

4. "George Michael Award" for the boy who seems to be permanently hanging round the toilets (for whatever reason).

5. our kids decide and vote on their own awards, often quite entertaining

6. What about the ones who get nothing. Not very nice end of school...That was the reason for my last post but was on phone and couldn't type properly.

7. Our kids have plumped for:

Most likely to...
    - Be a footballer
    - Be Prime Minister
    - Be Famous
    - Be a Pop Star

Biggest...
    - Flirt
    - Wind-Up
    - Prankster Prince
    - Prankster Princess

And then an "All Round Nice Guy" and "All Round Nice Girl" (they didn't want Prom King and Queen as they thought it was too mean and exclusive...bless!)

The prizes are all things to do with the award, so the "Famous" one is a mock Award (from a party shop), some dark glasses to hide from the paparazzi, and a memo block that says "famous" on it, so they can dish out autographs easily! We're also putting the winners (who only I know, bwaha) in the Yearbook.

(Shame good old Miss Pleugh has had to sort out gathering votes, buying prizes, doing the Yearbook as Year 11s have ******** off...)

8. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Then what about making it more fun by giving each of the kids a raffle ticket as they enter, then using the categories you have mentioned, call out a raffle number and the person who has that number is the person most likely to...whatever

All totally random.

It may be that the toughest kid in year 11 is most likely to...become a world famous ballet dancer.