1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun Literacy Starters

Discussion in 'Primary' started by steviemac500, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Pie Corbett's "Jumpstart Literacy" is full of brilliant starters.

2. essentiallyprincess

essentiallyprincess New commenter

I have mimed imperative verbs in a charades type way for children to guess. The person who guesses then mimes and so on for how long you want to take. This has worked well with both Year 2 and a Year 3/4 mix.

3. Agreed.

4. Thanks, will look at this.

5. Have realised that will have to order this book which doesn't give me much time as Easter school is next Monday. Sorry to ask, but are there any examples from his book you can give me? or just any ideas from anyone would be good. Thanks.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Try here for online ideas

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

9. Thank you ever so much. I'd rather use online ideas then, to be honest, spend yet more of my own money on books. Thanks to those who have helped me, feeling a bit more confident.

10. There is a disc you can buy with VCOP games on it from Andrell Education. The website is good, I think you can just order stuff straight from it. This will cover your connectives games etc, and you won't have to make a single resource!