1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun ideas for trip, South East

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlerussell, Jan 29, 2011.

1. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

Can anyone suggest a trip in the South East?
    We are looking into running a Y6 booster week at Easter, and want to take them for a full day out on the final day as a bribe to get them to attend! Something different (ie not bowling/swimming/ice skating which are local and they will have done before), not too serious (ie not museums). Can pay £5-£10 plus coach, so the theme parks are too expensive.
    Thinking so far is:
    * CBBC tours - anyone done these?
    * An 'adventure' park, maybe with animals?
    * Many years ago, there was a 'Crystal Maze' experience in a local leisure centre - problem solving & physical challenges ... something like that would be ideal.
    Any suggestions? Can travel throughout London or Home Counties to the West.

2. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

Can anyone suggest a trip in the South East?
    We are looking into running a Y6 booster week at Easter, and want to take them for a full day out on the final day as a bribe to get them to attend! Something different (ie not bowling/swimming/ice skating which are local and they will have done before), not too serious (ie not museums). Can pay £5-£10 plus coach, so the theme parks are too expensive.
    Thinking so far is:
    * CBBC tours - anyone done these?
    * An 'adventure' park, maybe with animals?
    * Many years ago, there was a 'Crystal Maze' experience in a local leisure centre - problem solving & physical challenges ... something like that would be ideal.
    Any suggestions? Can travel throughout London or Home Counties to the West.

3. There is a new snow dome in Hemel Hempstead (Jct 20/21 of the M25). There the children can travel down the slopes on huge inflatable rings. I have seen children doing this at the one in Milton Keynes, although it's a bit further away. It looks like huge fun and is probably something they've not done before. Here is a link:
    http://www.thesnowcentre.com/fun-activities

4. I would suggest Blacklands Farm in Sussex near East Grinstead. I always take my year 6s there at the end of year as a treat. It is an outdoor adventure centre and they offer a good range of activities such as: bungee trampolining, zip wire, abseiling, tunnel trail, grass sledging, archery, crate challenge, climbing wall. You pay per activity, so the cost depends on the activities you choose. The kids love it, I would highly recommend it.
    http://www.blacklandfarm.org.uk/home.aspx

5. Hi there
    Well, if your pupils like having, try the V&A Museum's Creative Workshop programme. I know you say you don't wan to go to a Museum, but this is a bit different. You're greeted by a quirkey character in costume and he invites the pupils into his dilemma. They are about KS 2 history, but the pupils wouldn't know! Its only £60 for the whole group as well. Check us out at http://www.vam.ac.uk/school_stdnts/schools/Primary%20Schools/index.html or do call/email for a chat, I'm on 0207 942 2776 or g.brownson@vam.ac.uk (I'm the Creative workshops programme manager)
    Thanks
    Gill

6. ....that's 'If your pupils like having fun'...!