1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fun end of term activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Miss_Sunshine_86, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Being fairly new to teaching I was just wondering if any one could help me out. I want to treat my year two class to some fun, time-filling activities which dont take too much prep on my part! We seem to have covered all bases over the last few days- think we started winding down a little early. All suggestions greatfully recieved and hopefully they will be of use to others as well- was thinking of some nice drawing activities but drawing blanks at the mo.

Thanks in advance for ur help and I wish you all a good last few days

2. Hi all,

Being fairly new to teaching I was just wondering if any one could help me out. I want to treat my year two class to some fun, time-filling activities which dont take too much prep on my part! We seem to have covered all bases over the last few days- think we started winding down a little early. All suggestions greatfully recieved and hopefully they will be of use to others as well- was thinking of some nice drawing activities but drawing blanks at the mo.

Thanks in advance for ur help and I wish you all a good last few days

3. could you get them to do an 'all about me' project for their new teacher? they could write about their hobbies, families etc. I'm still on timetable with mine at the moment - I find it easier and it keeps them under control! You could do some poetry about their year (acrostics are always nice and easy) or get them to write a school report for you (mine did this as homework and it's always nice to see what they think!!). Enjoy the end of term x

4. http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/WordSearchSetup...

Make a wordsearch with everybody's names in or simple words from topics you've studied.
    I like drawing and painting their favourite Willow Pattern plate and telling the story each year, you could use paper plates
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/british_galls/audio/audi...
    Or a beetle drive. Each person has a card to draw the beetle as they throw the relevant number. Each number on the dice represents a different part of the beetle. The player has to throw a 6 followed by a 5 which then gives them a body and a head. They can then get the rest of the beetle's body parts in any order. The first person to complete their beetle calls out and the game stops. Everyone adds up their score for that beetle and the highest score on each table wins. You can make a simple scorecard with a beetle picture on with room for a few games.
    Not meaning to be patronising, just copied this in case you didn't know rules! have fun!