1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fuming

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by jubilee, Jan 17, 2011.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I got one full day and two part days from my LA agency last week and was feeling more optimistic about the term.
    I had trouble updating my hours on-line and finally spoke to my consultant today, who expressed surprise that one of the schools was not on the system for me to view. I assured him it was not and he then told me he had updated things for me.
    Smelling a rat, I pursued the issue and he eventually fessed up that I was employed by thier private agency for that school and would be paid on thier lower rate, with no pension! "It's still teacher pay, not CS" he said in mitigation.
    He rang me on the days in question and introduced himself as "X fropm the LA agency. Are you available today?"
    The school is in a town within the LA county so I had no reason to doubt the empoyer basis but, apparently, as it is an Academy, it recruits supply from the private agency.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I'm still very angry about being hoodwinked but I feel more upbeat today after reading my copy of The Teacher (NUT magazine) and discovering that I have had two contributions published on the Staffroom Confidential page. I should soon be getting 2 X £10 giftcards and I spent less than 15 minutes writing the contributions.