1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fuming! A rant!

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by peewee1981, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Had a last minute change of heart on Sunday night and decided to see if Strathclyde were still accepting applications for the PGDE so yesterday I called and they told me they were. Logged into apply to finish off my application today (was waiting on confirmation of additional work experience so I could add it to my personal statement as i didnt want to assume id be able to before hearing from the head teacher) and now the status of the uni is full. Im so gutted. I called the uni just there to double check and they said yes its now full. Would have been nice of them to tell me when I called yesterday that they were closing it yesterday! Argh!
    Oh well, at least I can do this work experience and have my statement ready for 2013 cycle.
    Rant over!

2. Had a last minute change of heart on Sunday night and decided to see if Strathclyde were still accepting applications for the PGDE so yesterday I called and they told me they were. Logged into apply to finish off my application today (was waiting on confirmation of additional work experience so I could add it to my personal statement as i didnt want to assume id be able to before hearing from the head teacher) and now the status of the uni is full. Im so gutted. I called the uni just there to double check and they said yes its now full. Would have been nice of them to tell me when I called yesterday that they were closing it yesterday! Argh!
    Oh well, at least I can do this work experience and have my statement ready for 2013 cycle.
    Rant over!

3. aw99

aw99 New commenter

Ohhh how annoying!!

Best of luck! The more work experience the better and the more time for interview prep!