1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fume, fume

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Jan 3, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Just went to take a photo of something I want to sell on our local selling page on facebook, camera battery dead, so went to recharge it, no flippin charger!! Where is it? Guess o/h has hidden it and he's asleep at the moment!! Grrrr and we've had a huge leak through the wall/window downstairs in the hall. I hate his doing night shifts!!

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Just went to take a photo of something I want to sell on our local selling page on facebook, camera battery dead, so went to recharge it, no flippin charger!! Where is it? Guess o/h has hidden it and he's asleep at the moment!! Grrrr and we've had a huge leak through the wall/window downstairs in the hall. I hate his doing night shifts!!

3. I'm forever losing chargers etc.. Plus my hubby works nights and recently I was off out. It's very difficult getting dressed in a pitch black bedroom and trying to find make-up, hair dryer etc..
    Sympathies on your bad day though.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

We're fortunate enough to have enough rooms so we both have our own bedrooms. I sleep badly and couldn't cope with his unsocial hours, eg I'd go to be at 10.30, as he'd be getting in from work, I'd go to sleep then be woken when he came to bed etc, etc, plus as you say the difficulties of not being able to make-up, use hair dryer! Plus back pain and sleeplessness, now it's the TN pain that keeps me awake and the wind howling round the house!

5. Perhaps your OH needs to learn that if he wants to sleep uninterrupted he should ensure that he hasn't hidden any important pieces of household equipment before settling down? Perhaps you are the person to teach him and now is the hour?

6. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

I've done that daisy, with my work handbag. We went away over Christmas and New Year and I put it somewhere very safe but goodness knows where. How big can a house be? Big enough to not find the 'safe place'!

7. Mr Horse finally found them at 7.30 pm under under my a pile of clothes! No idea how they got there.

8. when i say i always keep 3 sets of car keys on the go, i am not being smug compared to your situation - i am admitting what an eejit i am when it comes to keeping track of the darned things
    (car is an 11yo red micra that is practically falling to bits - i do not feel the need to hide said keys from potential burglars [​IMG] )