1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Full time education

Discussion in 'Personal' started by PlymouthMaid, Jan 3, 2011.

1. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Am in a similar position - my income will plummet when my daughter finishes her A levels this summer. Maintenance and tax credits will pretty much cease but of course i will still be supporting her I expect as a job immediately seems unlikely and she is hoping for uni the following year but will still require a fair bit of assistance. Am trying to not to panic to much.

2. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

missing 'o' for those who care :)

3. Similar situation. Ex agreed to contribute until children leave full time education. This year eldest is at university. We have agreed that the support ex pays is effectively split into 4. Currently eldest gets one quarter and I receive 3/4 as youngest is still at home. When youngest goes to uni, he will get 1/4 ( eldest will still be there so will get his quarter!) and I will get 1/2 to continue paying towards household bills ( as he considers it is still their home ). As children leave uni, their contribution stops. When both leave, all contributions cease!