1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Full time AP teacher vs internship at IB school

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Hyowoo, Jan 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hyowoo

Hyowoo New commenter

Hello all!

So Ive recently got two offers from schools and the postions and the schools themselves are all very different with very obvious pros and cons. So I was seeking for your sincere advice.

One is from an international school in China, which is similar to Korean international school but only for Korean students. However, the medium of instruction is English. They are using AP system and its a full-time middle school social studies and AP Politics teacher job.

The other one is from an IB school with tens of years of history in Germany. Its an internship position.

So in a long term, given that I would like to build up my career in teaching at international schools around the world, which option do you think would work better?

So to simply put, full time job in AP setting in China VS internship in an IB school in Germany..

Thank you very much for your advice and suggestions!