1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Full retirement at 58? Sensible?

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by -, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Lucy2711

Lucy2711 Occasional commenter

This is constructive. I think we can see which commentators aren't but who can't resist the urge to comment...

eljefeb90 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  2. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

The best thing about Thailand at the moment is the lack of snowflakes. It's so lovely at the moment.

For those senior teachers finishing totally exhausted yet another academic year, and looking forward to / dreading another year in September, we salute you. I hope you meet your targets in September.

3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Oooooh @binaryhex you're in Thailand..... hmmmmm. Someone referred to you as 'she',to me you have always presented as a male.
    A male in Thailand.... well... seeing as how you have felt so free to make presumptions about nearly all on here being fat.... I shall write this post with my own presumption about why you might be in Thailand.

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

The thing about Thailand is that it is just too bloody hot.:eek: About as much chance of a snowflake there as a competent PM here...;)

5. eljefeb90

eljefeb90 Senior commenter

My son, who is very much the globetrotter, holds the Thais in great esteem. Lovely , smiley people, he says. He is also complimentary about their use of 'bum guns' as an aid to personal hygiene in a tropical climate.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'm pleased that, as yet, you haven't removed your username @no longer a user and hope that you will stick around a while.
    It would be a shame if posters were chased off by counter-productive posts. We're all adults here. Or should be at least.