1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FSP - trouble deciding which categories this hits

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Wotworklifebalance, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi Guys
    I wonder whether I can call on your interpretive skills. Yesterday one of my Reception children was looking through a dinosuar book and found a picture of a dino and some stones and taxt which described why some dinos eat stones. Earlier in the week we carried out an experiment to show that dinos ate stones to help break down the tough plants that they were eating. Although he couldn't understand the text S was clearly relating what we had done, seen and talked about with the pics in the book.
    On my wretched sticky note I've said that it hits PSED, D&A 6, I can't see that it really covers any of theCLL except LCT 3 as his spoken language isn't clear enough or complex enough to hit any of the other LCT points. He must get something in KUW surely? But I'm struggling to quite see what ...
    I know I'm being stupid. Help please.

2. Hi Guys
    I wonder whether I can call on your interpretive skills. Yesterday one of my Reception children was looking through a dinosuar book and found a picture of a dino and some stones and taxt which described why some dinos eat stones. Earlier in the week we carried out an experiment to show that dinos ate stones to help break down the tough plants that they were eating. Although he couldn't understand the text S was clearly relating what we had done, seen and talked about with the pics in the book.
    On my wretched sticky note I've said that it hits PSED, D&A 6, I can't see that it really covers any of theCLL except LCT 3 as his spoken language isn't clear enough or complex enough to hit any of the other LCT points. He must get something in KUW surely? But I'm struggling to quite see what ...
    I know I'm being stupid. Help please.

3. This demonstrates evidence towards:
    PSED: DA 5, 6, 8
    CL&L:Reading 8; he clearly shows an understanding that information can be found in non-fiction books; even if he cannot decode the text. This SP is about differentiatingfiction and non-fiction book and understadning that information can be located in the latter.

4. Thanks Skippy22, I can see your thinking ... but really? No KUW?
    Just heard that I'm having a moderation visit - as well as having to attend cluster moderation, because it's a small cluster - so am determined to make sure that the bleeping things are as fab as poss.

5. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

KUW 5 asks questions about why things happen.....

6. Thanks fulloffun. Alas, that doesn't quite cover it because he wasn't really asking qs, just responding. I fear that I will have to accept that it doesn't really fit in with anything on KUW even though I think that it should!

7. Yes yes, it definitely does under the science obs. Can you find a scientific link (can't help with your KUW am in Oz).