1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FS1 interviews

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by shy girl, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hallo
    I'm wondering if you can help me. I've got a job interview tomorrow and have to do a 15 min story time with the children. i have chosen to read '' The Hungry Caterpiller''. Any ideas on what else i could do to fill the time? I have got some props ( to tell the story) so could use them with the children, but which would be the best way?
    I hope somebody can help me. would you do planning with it too?

2. Hallo
    I'm wondering if you can help me. I've got a job interview tomorrow and have to do a 15 min story time with the children. i have chosen to read '' The Hungry Caterpiller''. Any ideas on what else i could do to fill the time? I have got some props ( to tell the story) so could use them with the children, but which would be the best way?
    I hope somebody can help me. would you do planning with it too?

3. dash201

dash201 New commenter

Definitely do planning! Otherwise, it will look like you have just chosen a random book on the way.

Personally, I wouldn't even begin the book straight away. I would give them clues as to what you are going to read. I would choose 3 of the foods in the story and label each child with it and then play a version of fruit salad - basically if the child is an apple, they swap with another apple in the circle and so on. When you say fruit salad they all have to swap places BUT make sure you reinforce walking only!

Props are always good. As you read along, get children to predict what is next, what would they do, do they like the food themselves, have they even seen a caterpillar and so on. Try to make sure you get every child involved. And seat children in a circle so that they can see each other.

I think you can make this story last but the most important thing is your own voice. I would practice reading it as much as possible.

Good luck!