1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fry's chocolate cream

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Apr 1, 2020.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

haven't had one for years, in fact I didn't think they were stuill made/ However, today in B&M bargains while out shopping for essentials, they had selection boxes with 2 Chocolate creams, 1 mint cream and 2 turkish delight! Luxury!

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

It's lovely but you can feel it destroying your teeth as you eat it.

colpee, ShowerGel, Jamvic and 2 others like this.
  3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I've also seen 5 Boys chocolate there !!

5boys.jpg

Laphroig, maggie m, blazer and 3 others like this.
  4. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

When we take children to Cadbury World on school trips all the staff rush to the shop and buy cheap multi packs of chocolate cream bars. I actually like the raspberry ones, orange ones don't quite do it for me. Poundland then started selling the three pack. I've got six bars in waiting for the end of Lent. Iceland were doing a selection box of miniatures, but they didn't quite give you the mouth filling mush of sweetness.

Alice K and Jamvic like this.
  5. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

AND for a limited time you can get Bournville Old Jamaica again. Now that really does lift life to a higher plane of existence.

bonxie, lardylady, Stiltskin and 11 others like this.
  6. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Please tell me they still sell the Five centres version.

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I bought one of the Fry's selection boxes before Christmas. Fab!! The Turkish Delight has to be placed in the 'fridge so that it is glutinous and sticks to the teeth!!! :oops:

Jamvic, Lara mfl 05 and ShowerGel like this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

People who say their wedding day was the BEST day of their life have obviously never had two chocolate bars fall from the vending machine at the same time after only one payment.

9. George_Randle

George_Randle Established commenter

I remember Fry's Five Centres, which haven't been around for a long time. The last segment contained bright orange fondant which you eagerly anticipated. You occasionally see a Fry's Orange Cream bar around, but I wish they would resurrect this one.

[​IMG]

10. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Yes please tell me too.
    What a bar!
    Nothing else has ever been a patch on that one.
    I used to bite into it hoping I'd only got one flavour in that bite.
    Oh yes - chocolate cream with no flavour to speak of and chocolate mint cream.
    So fab to remember these especially the 5 centre - I WANT ALL THREE NOW.

Jamvic and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  11. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Just look at that picture (posted while I was still typing)
    Just brilliant!
    I used to bite off all the chocolate except the bottom then you could see the fondant layers unless it'd begun to collapse.
    I can't even nip to the 24 hour garage two mins walk from my house to buy chocs after the terrible urge (to eat choc) after looking at this thread...

Is it still open? I expect its closed when normally open 365 days 24/7. Shame it can't sell all those plants garden centers are having to chuck. I can't bear thinking about that or going on about it...........
    How can I possibly go as choc is not essential and its 10.39 p.m which makes it even less essential.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  12. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

I didn't think theses still existed until I saw some in a newsagent's recently.
    Always remind me of my late grandma- they were her favourite chocolate bars.

Jamvic and ShowerGel like this.
  13. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I haven't seen one of these for about a thousand years. :eek: :D

Jamvic likes this.
  14. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

What? You saw a bar of Frys 5 Centres annie?
    Where?
    The minute this virus ends and I am still in the land of the living I'm going there.
    What a trip that'll be.
    Chocs ahoy. Here we come.
    I'm looking froward to it already.
    Please tell us the location.
    Thank you:DHonestly I'm not kidding. And I promise to save a bar for little grandchildren. That'll be a huge challenge...

Dragonlady30, agathamorse and Jamvic like this.
  15. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

I was at my younger daughter's home a few weeks ago and was surprised to see a bar of Fry's Chocolate Cream on her worktop. She said that she had recently discovered it and really loved it.
    This had also been my late father's favourite chocolate bar and I remember him enjoying it when I was young.
    He died when I was quite young, never lived to see his grandchildren and to enjoy the fruits of his labour. I still miss him to this day and like to think that his granddaughter shares the love of this favourite treat with him.

16. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Small chocolate anecdote from 1980:
    Eddy (MD) and Sue (PA) were waiting for a train to go home after a long busy day in London. Eddy never carried cash but fancied a bar of chocolate from the platform vending machine. He asked Sue if she had spare cash. Sue obliged. Eddy got his chocky treat, unwrapped it and scoffed the lot. Sue was happy to give him her last 20p, but complained bitterly that she was also peckish and the selfish p*g never offered to share.

17. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Agree so much. Triple Like!

ShowerGel likes this.
  18. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

BM is fab for sweets & snacks you'd forgotten existed.
    Also great for Tunnocks Caramel Wafers :)

Jamvic likes this.
  19. butties

butties Established commenter

Ebay have Fry's orange cream, peppermint cream, chocolate cream and raspberry cream. Old Jamaica is there too.

Jamvic likes this.
  20. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

That was the only way to eat them!

Jamvic and ShowerGel like this.